My Experience of Grand Viva

My interpretation of grand VIVA is that it is grand in perception of students.I was not asked even one question from the material which I prepared the night before exam.

Asslam o Alaikum! I said and I hand overed my Internship report to my professor.

sit easy, Professor said.

there was one professor two assistant professors and one lecturer in my VIVA Panel.

my mobile was in my hand very unpleasant thing during viva so one of the mam spoke

" is any call coming? why your moile is in your hand"

ooh sorry mam and I immediately placed mobile and bag aside.

"take off your mask" she said. I just turned my face to her and she said "Ooh do you wear veil? then okay"

"Introduce Yourself" asked a penalist.

and I introduced myself wiyh matric, inter marks and percentage and institutes where I went and then I told the CGPA 



ok what is abreviation of CGPA my Molecular Biotechnology sir asked and i said "cummulative grade percentage average"

and what is for gpa i said grade percentile average sir said "ooh now it's percentile rather than percentage" I did'nt respond I knew there is something  that i'm missing.

what are your favorite subjects?

I Thought for like 2 sec and said "cell biology, genetics and Biotechnology".

the answer was spontaneous I did'nt plan for something. But I realized later that these were not the subjects of anyone present in Viva panel.

why not other subjects? asked same professor.

I did'nt knew but I said because we have read these in our inter classes thats why.


what is cell biology next question was asked.

I told cell biology definition that was good

what  organelles are present in cell

I started enlistng

"Mitochondria, golgi apparatus, ribosomes"

"ribosomes are not organalle. ok but move next" sir Cut off. 

Ribosomes are organelles I knew But I also knew that there is some contradiction about because riosomes are not membrane bound.

"Ribosomes, vacuoles, nucleus"I continued  (words were like hidden or gone off from my mind It was taking a lot of thought process even speaking about organelles) 

"peroxisomes, cellwall" here I made mistake due to just speaking fluently.

Is cell wall an organalle? Sir asked.

[Give a read also to

https://myspontaneousopinion.blogspot.com/2021/07/lines-that-leave-effect.html ]

"cell wall is component of cell" I tried to cover now. Expressions at the panel's face were so neutral I could not interpret something.

what is function of mitochondria

I spoke that famous line " Mitochondria is power house of cell. It provides ATP. and cellular respiration occur here"

what else? sir asked.

I remain silent what else mitochondria can do thinking

What is apoptosis? next question was asked

"programmed cell death"

"what happens in apoptosis" question was prolonged now

"ammm aah, I mumbled, apotosis is gradual degeneration of cell

degeneration ? asked another sir

degradation, I corrected.

"Differentiate apoptosis and necrosis" he asked again.

I explained well.

what is inheritence pattern of mitochondria? asked the female penalist. and this became most intereting question for me of my GRAND VIVA because Thanks to Allah Almighty I knew the answer, and question was interesting also because it was related to Genetics

But my way of giving answer was a panic. "Mother to mother, oooh sorry,  Mother to daughter still wrong

mam got point of disussion you mean your brother does'nt have mitochondria

and here I came into my senses and said "Mam we have studied about it that mitochondria is always inherited from mother to offspring and does not inherit from father"  finally right words came out of me.

dont your father have mitochondria? asked mam

I said "yes mam he has, but at the time of zygote formation father's mitochondria does not enter ova, only nucleus enters from sperm and rest of the organelle are degenerated"

"what techniques you performed during your entrepreneurship" another sir has been started now asking questions 

direct PCR, gel electrophoresis, ELISA

what is ELIZA abbreviated for 

I knew the answer , I took a long breath because i was having difficulty speaking due to nervousness and then said "Enzyme linked Immunosorbent assay"

for what pruposes ELISA is used for

"for Diagnostic purposes" i replied 

to diagnose what? 

"to diagnose viral infections" I said

Which viral infections? sir asked.

"mmm Hepatitis" 

all types of hepatitis? asked sir

I said "YES" 

"ok continue" sir said

influenza, common cold which sir interpreted as covid

and sir asked when we use ELISA in covid diagnose

I said "for covid we use PCR not ELISA"

"you just enlisted" sir said 

"No! i was saying common colds." I said

"Hmmm okay enlist more"

I thought of others

and said HIV

okay go now and send next student exact one minute later. And I left VIVA room.

I wrote this all just to keep it in my memory for long time and never forget about it. I want to keep it my memory as a real GRAND always and to never forget even a tiny detail of that day( 30 july,2021- friday 9AM) as I came back from university thoughts were not leaving my mind so I decided to write it down.

must tell me how you will rate my exam of that day out of 60.









Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts